Saturday, February 12, 2011

Drawing Workshop Continued

This is the next step after that frustrating experience drawing multiple positions continuously on one piece.  I've done it before; it was that I couldn't SEE any of them on the paper.  Many heavy sighs and furrowed brows later, Thomas says "if you are worried about what's on the paper, you are worried about the product, not the feeling."  OK, so I'm quoting incorrectly, but that's basically what he said.  Stop looking at your paper.  Capture the form.  






Obviously I am still struggling with that.  But there are hints of it happening.  And it gets better in the one on the right.  







 

I am still more comfortable with contours, and at this point am not even realizing yet that is what I'm continuing to do. But I like this drawing quite a lot, regardless.  I'm feeling a little Picasso-ish with the minimal lines getting the esscence. (check out his Mother and Child, 1922, which I won't put here since I don't want to deal with copyright issues - but it can be googled)




Here we are again - Thomas is all over my paper.  It's very helpful to have the visual demo help me figure out what I'm doing.  He did the leg on the left, no contours - a quick line for placement, circles for form.  




And look what happens next.  


whoa. 


a leap has been made.  
even more to come...











No comments:

Post a Comment