Monday, January 31, 2011

Collaboration

Three years ago my friend and gallery owner Wayne decided to host a themed show based on collaboration at his Riverview Gallery in Portsmouth, VA.   I invited fellow Richmond artist Mike Keeling to join me in a painting.  We were both artists with studios at Art Works at the time. 
Long story short, we wound up making two paintings, loving the experience and wound up as studio mates sharing space at Plant Zero in Richmond.  

Fast forward to January 2011.  

Mike and I are still happily sharing space and friendship.  Collaboration with another artist can be a wonderful experience and honestly, we've been lucky that we are not only compatible, but we have so much to teach one another.  We are totally different souls who approach art in such different ways, but we both have a desire to learn, encourage others and to share.  
"Deck Pup"
Mike Keeling and Adele Castillo
All Rights Reserved
So, Wayne sent an email about another collaboration project and !! we had two weeks to get something done.  I was up for that challenge, having just finished my sketchbook project and wanting to get back into a fun painting before tackling commissions that have been put on hold for awhile.  Mike was up for it, so here is our latest, which will be at the 3rd Annual Collaboration Show opening this Friday night at Riverview Gallery.  

2 comments:

  1. Where is Art Works in Richmnond? Next time I travel from here I would like to see it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Laura and I hope you do make it to Richmond. Art Works and Plant Zero are next door neighbors in downtown Richmond on the south side of the James River. http://artworksrichmond.com/

    ReplyDelete