Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What's Going On

I haven't posted photos in awhile, so tonight I'm doing a brief post of pics.  



First, this is a photo of Bounty paper towels.  


After a trip through the washing machine.  


(they should pay me for this!)


Yep, my husband cleaned up a doggie accident and left paper towels stuffed inside the dog bed cover that he threw in the laundry room.  Days later, I put it in the wash not thinking to look inside and after the trip through on Heavy Duty mode - hot water, double rinse, high speed spin- I found a long, wrinkly mass at the bottom of the tub (we have a front loader, so it was just inside the door.)  I pulled it out and found this - 4 paper towels, still attached to one another and intact.   I've always favored this brand in the studio due to it's absorbency.  I'm sold for life.  






This pic on the right (or it's supposed to be on the right) is a painting I'm currently working on for an upcoming show.  
I began this one as I often do - a demo for an evening class.  It's slow going, as I'm still working on two commissions and doing this one half in studio, half in class. 


And this is Mikki - you may remember from prior posts. After settling on green for a background color, I'm now laying in the setting and finding tones that don't compete with the dog.  I've resolved a few other issues - a quirky front let, some odd shadows and once that background comes together will put final layers in her hair.  This painting went from frustration to fun after my aha moments.  (which I talked about in a prior post.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment