Friday, May 29, 2009

Week's End


The Lucy's Day event at Cooper Vineyards was well attended last Saturday and Sunday was a pleasant day that included a Blessing of the Animals.  Several of the SPCA dogs and a cat found new adoptive homes.  Here's one fella that wasn't adopted, but isn't he the cutest thing?  He's a sweetie, too.  

I'm working on commission paintings one at a time these days.  I'm finding that my former style of doing several in various stages isn't working for me any longer.  It once was helpful to back away from a piece and see it with fresh eyes later, so I'd work on another in the meantime.  Now it just seems distracting,  and I think I'm working more steadily than before.  Well, at least I think that's the case.  Anyway, Miss Lucy from the previous blog post goes home tomorrow and I'm now working on completing the next two pieces to go to their homes.  Ali and Ella and the sweetest lab named Tess are overdue to their owners.  And a wedding present begun two years ago for a nephew is waaaay overdue. 

I'm still learning the MAC and we have a love/hate relationship.  Most of the time I love it, but when I have an issue I can't seem to easily track down the problem like with a pc.  Basically, the MAC seems to think it has control and humans are idiots.   Solutions are pretty black and white or not at all.  ugh. I know my way around a pc, so I find that frustrating.  I do love the One on One training available at the MAC store....that's the best thing ever.  And the large screen with the resolution is awesome.  

I'm thinking about foregoing all shows for the rest of the year until next spring, to concentrate on painting and teaching.  It's a tough decision, but with a wedding falling on the date of my best selling show and paintings to complete, it seems like a plan.   I'm anxious to begin exploring some new things other than commissions as well.  Working with new paints, mediums, textures and styles has been something I've tackled off and on for two years. It's time to dive in and see where I land.  




No comments:

Post a Comment