Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Catching Up

I'm learning the new MAC fairly rapidly and finally have my old computer up and running.  I can now read old e-mails and have access once again to my notecards, photos, artwork, etc.  I was a little panicky there for a bit.  Thankfully I have a wonderful computer-geek neighbor Jim who came to my rescue and fixed me up.  

The e-mail thing has me a little frustrated.  I don't want to download to the old computer and I need to reply or make contact on the new computer.  It's time consuming, but it'll all work out. Who knew how much impact a lost computer could have on an art business?  
  
I got back into the studio this week.  I'm completing remaining commissions in progress ( 3 to go) and look forward to getting organized again.  This nearly complete piece is a beagle named Lucy, but not the same Lucy  from Cooper Vineyards that I've done before.  I love this painting. It's quite large and the image is striking.  This particular client simply gave me her color preferences and chose the photo reference and left me to do the rest.  Sketches for another client are on the to-do list in addition to those other two commissions. 

This weekend, speaking of Lucys, is Lucy's Day at Cooper Vineyards.  I'll be there Sat. and Sun. with artwork and notecards.  This SPCA benefit is in honor of Lucy, a beagle found on the side of the road after being hit by a car and adopted by Jacque Hogge of Cooper Vineyards.  The SPCA will have their wagon with adoptable pups and kittens, there are often other vendors with various goods from food to soap, there is usually an auction of items and of course, Cooper wines to taste and purchase.  (my faves are the Noche and the Coopertage and always the Sangria...yum!)  Please come say hello and make a purchase.  Proceeds of Cooper sales are donated to the SPCA.  



No comments:

Post a Comment