Friday, May 15, 2009

New Computer - huge learning curve!

I have a brand new Mac. 
 I've taken the plunge after 4 days of staring at new computers in various stores and asking everyone from salespeople to tech support to friends about what to purchase...a Mac or another PC ?  Hey, it was a lot of $$$ so I had to compare. 

I fell in love with the Mac for it's modern look and ease of use.  Plus it's all built into the screen...no more huge computer sitting on the floor.  Yay.  Yet I think I'll miss the PC and the range of programs available, and the familiarity.  This morning I took my external hard drive to the Apple store and said "prove to me how easy it will be to transfer my files. "  and they did.  That is what sold me.  And the fact that I don't have to deal with Vista vs. XP on windows !! ( ya listening Bill?) 
 But it is still different so I think it'll take a bit to become adjusted and fully functioning. 

For the time being I'm still without my former e-mails and addresses, but I do have access to anything new.  And hopefully I'll figure out how to download into my new mail program before the weekend is over. 

Now I have about 4 days of lost painting time to make up.  !!  


No comments:

Post a Comment