Friday, February 27, 2009

Day Six - Random Thoughts




It turns out Vegas is not quite complete after all. I had an oops moment and left out her beloved bone. So back to the studio for that one.

It's the end of the week and tonight is a "work night." It's 4th Friday so I always keep my studio open for those who visit the local galleries and studios in the Manchester district of Richmond. My studio partner Mike will be there also.

We're totally different painters and make an artistic version of the odd couple. But it works for us and our work looks great together. He's a non-objective paintslinger ( my endearing term) and I'm a photo-realist illustrator. We've collaborated on a couple of pieces and plan to do more. Our energies balance one another ; he is a wild man! ready to take on whatever comes his way and I am deliberate or controlling about what I plan to do. We both love color, we are both open to possibility, we learn from one another and most importantly of all to work as a team, we both have spouses who are very supportive.

Here is a painting we both worked on together. I'll explain our process in the next posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment