Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MARCH 3 - more randomness




We have a wonderland of white outside; nine inches of snow fell in our backyard between Sun. and Mon. The pics are Monday a.m. and the sky is still gray.

Here's more about the collaboration between my studio partner Mike and me:
I was invited by a dear, supportive friend ( Wayne, who co-owns Riverview Gallery in Portsmouth VA) to participate in a show he planned to title "Collaboration." The only stipulation was that more than one artist had to have their hand in each piece. So I invited two artists to join me. One was not available, but Mike was and eager to give it a go. So, we each eventually began with a large canvas ( 30 x 48) and started with whatever we wanted. Mine was going to be a dog. His turned
out to be his dog. We each did our own preliminary sketches.

Then the fun began. This pic is what mine was originally planned to be : two panels, each 24 x 30.
Things did change. And I need to get into the studio. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment