Wednesday, April 25, 2012

End of April


I know, not quite the end of April, but close enough. 


A friend of mine just returned from travel overseas, so she checked in to read my blog (I'm flattered!) not long after her return.  And sent me an email to catch up in person ( I haven't yet responded...bad friend, me!)  What she said was pointed..."I love reading your entries, but where's the art?"
So I thought it might be a good idea to answer here, as well as "in person."  


I'm not making it much.  


BUT, I AM in the process of shutting down my studio and will soon be reopening another, larger space with my studio-mate of the past 4 years.  I am very excited about having a place to go without the distractions and noise of my last space.  I am more excited about once again being around other artists on a more regular basis, as I was when my studio was at Art Works (the studio I outgrew.)  


I have quite a few paintings in various stages of progress in my very overcrowded home studio, but with a puppy in the house, it has been hard to carve out the time.  I'm not one to keep a dog crated except when I leave home or he needs to be safe. 


I read two blogs that offer encouragement to artists : One is Ann Rea's Artists Who Thrive
and the other is Kimberly Kelly Santini's Painting a Dog a Day.  


They seem to be very different, but not so much, when it gets to the heart of the matter of being a creative person, finding time to work AND when offering advice on how to do it better - "it" being an artist, woman, wife, mom, entrepreneur, animal advocate, You fill in the blank....


My art will be forthcoming.  It's just not here right now.  But until then, here are two snippets of a couple in the beginning stages.  


©allrightsreserved Adele Castillo
©allrightsreserved Adele Castillo

No comments:

Post a Comment