Saturday, January 8, 2011

King and brief Notes

King


Happy New Year.  2011 is here.  As I always do in January, I look forward to classes continuing, meeting new students, reorganizing the studios (seems it's becoming an annual ritual) and generally getting back into good habits. 

I'm currently working on a sketchbook project for Art House Co-op, an online gallery and artists' collaborative.  I thought it would be a nice challenge to get me working regularly again.  Yea, well - now I'm scrambling to complete as much of it as possible.  The good part?  I'm really enjoying the sketches of the various dogs and cats I live with and /or have photos of.  


In February I'm headed to a local, intense drawing workshop.  I canNOT wait to get my hands back into paper, charcoal, crayons and whatever other fun materials we use.  Exploring and reconnecting with other media only makes my art better.  I'm also hosting and participating in an encaustic workshop.  This will be a new media for me.  


In between, paintings are happening and they'll show up here when it's time. 


updates on my fur-family for those who've been keeping up :
Gracie is maintaining status quo.  I honestly didn't think she'd survive, but she's surviving with intent.  Still has food issues, but that girldog has some strong will to be.  She astounds and confounds me. 
Gabriela continues to improve her social skills - on her own.  With friends in and out during the holidays, she chose to be in the same rooms with us, check out new people, allow others to touch her, even if fleetingly.  I grin like a proud mama. 
Eugene is declining slightly.  He is now 11 and at 80 pounds, we're lucky he's still as healthy as he is.  We're hoping for some normal aging for him, because there is no way I'll be able to pick up an 80 pound dog even with intense gym work. 
Sassy cat is nearly age 11 as well and she continues to oversee and control the household from whatever perch she chooses. 








No comments:

Post a Comment