Friday, April 30, 2010

New work - Productive week

It's been a very productive week.  Having a show on the calendar certainly provides incentive to get things done.  Susan B. has been here working nearly as feverishly on my notecard inventory and other non-painting tasks to help me ready for Gosport Arts Festival.  She's experienced nearly everything now, except for painting for me. !   Printing, folding, bagging and pricing notecards is another full day of work (actually they aren't completely bagged, but at least they are printed and folded); hours that I was able to spend (mostly) in the studio.  


So, since a blog about art should be more than words, here are some images of paintings that will be seen for the first time at the Gosport show.  






This is still untitled and not quite complete.  I began this over two years ago while at the beach one fall.  It's been hiding in my studio for awhile and after visiting the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit at the Phillips Collection recently,  I knew exactly where to take this painting.  

















This one is now finished, but not yet titled.  
Check out the image on my April 19th post.  What a difference a week can make. 




Hopefully I'll have time to post more as they are completed.  

2 comments: