Monday, March 15, 2010

A new Week

I had the best week in a long while working in the studio last week.  Even though I took off most of last Tuesday, I couldn't help myself and did wind up painting a bit in the evening.  And I painted every day after until Sunday.  I never really believed in having a "painter's block" until after sharing with fellow artists what I was going through.  Another is having a similar bout of wanting to work, but getting into the studio and just having nothing there.  She's doing the same thing....a little of this and that, and not much else.  She even has these huge panels ready to goa and I know she's just processing how to tackle them. Even so, it is when she just plays and throws paint or gets into something different that her creative juices begin to flow again.  I suppose there can be a painter's block, for whatever reason.....overload, stuck in a rut, no inspiration, not knowing how to express inspiration.  At any rate, I'm glad to be past that phase and hope it continues.  


I belong to a group called the Collaborative Artists Group - a small division of a larger umbrella in Richmond known as C3, the Creative Change Center.  Members include artists of all genres, but the meetings mostly consist of visual artists lately.  I love attending these meetings, small or large, for the opportunity to get to know other artists and what they are doing, how they work, what they think about.  Our latest meet was this past Thursday evening and I have yet to walk away from one without feeling invigoration and confirmation.  


 That is enough random thought for one posting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment