Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March means Spring

And Spring means new beginnings.  I cannot tell the world enough how elated I feel at having whatever fog was hovering lift away.   I completed the painting, "Party Girl" in less than two weeks.  I know - yes, it DID take time away from commissions, but I needed that.  I NEEDED to get back in.  As I posted previously, it inspired me to get back into the work I was committed to. 


Here she is.   Katie "Party Girl" Richardson




This painting is making its debut at the Riverview Gallery in Portsmouth VA this Friday night.  The show is Celebrations, in honor of the gallery's 12 Year Anniversary in that location. 
Doesn't Katie look festive and dressed for the occasion? 






I just spent the last 2 hours refining a letter to my commission clients, explaining the changes that I'm making in my studio habits and how it may affect them.  I've been working on that since last December, but just didn't know quite what to say or how.  Hiring Susan and getting back into painting put me in the right place to be able to go there.   Once I've had it proofread and sent,  I'll address some of that process and the results here.  




In the meantime, spring is coming and with it new energy.  Renewal.  Yahoo. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment