Saturday, December 5, 2009

Raining Cats and Dogs



Ha!  Well, it IS raining.  Again. Endlessly. Ceaselessly.  INCESSANTLY.
Please stop!!
My dogs have to be hosed down after every outdoor venture these days.  Sheesh.  All I can say is that come spring, our plants better bloom and grow like mad.

Above is a painting I'm doing for fun for me in my "spare time."  A style change for sure.





Here are a couple of pieces I've been working on for awhile.  They are in a rough phase now.   Several revisions later, they'll be completed soon, at least that's the goal.

The top one is Plum the kitty and the bottom one is Mikki the Golden Retriever.



On another note, the opening night for Castillo and Company was more successful than I imagined.  We had a huge crowd visit our portion of the gallery at Crossroads Art Center (the Caboose Gallery.)  I'm quite proud of the show and everyone who is participating.  If you haven't seen it yet, it will be on view until early January.  Many of my students do take commission work.  I shamelessly promote them all - they are excellent painters.

No comments:

Post a Comment