Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shows and Commissions and Classes, oh my!

Another busy week is ahead.

My fall newsletter is out. If you are interested in receiving a newsletter pop me an email and I'll gladly put you on my email list.

We returned early from what should have been a week on the Outer Banks. In case you missed it, a Nor'easter began blowing in on Tuesday and eventually wreaked havoc on the OBX, as well as in Virginia. So we decided it was best to pack up the dogs and the van and come home before the wind blew us off the roads.

I've spent the rest of my "vacation" time prepping for the show opening this Friday night - Castillo and Company. I am so proud of this show. It's the first one I have organized and mostly showcases the work of my talented students. It also includes a few of my paintings and that of fellow artists Mike Keeling and Hugh Harris. Some of my students are exhibiting artists as well. Even though others are beginners, they are all astoundingly talented. I hope to post photos as soon as the show is ready. The event is posted on Facebook.

I never stop working on commissions and have several in progress again. I hadn't intended for that to happen, but when a few clients didn't respond right away, I skipped to the next client. Before I knew it, ALL responded. (this was several months ago) So yes, I have multiple pieces in various stages of progress. Hoping to get Mikki completed first on canvas, then move on to completing Plum and getting the rest out of the sketch phase following that.

Lastly, classes start up again this week. Just a short class this time around, but come January I'll be offering 3 options, including a daytime class.

So, now that I have caught up the blog with pertinent info, time to get back to painting and getting this exhibit ready.


1 comment:

  1. It's good to hear what you're up to. I'm so sorry about the OBX. What a total bummer! I'm glad you got out safely at least, but I would have cried if I'd had to give up my vacation like that.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the show Friday night!

    See you there!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete