Thursday, May 8, 2014

Time Off, but Not Really


"Thin Blue Line" 

That's a painting I began in 2012 or 2013, using homemade acrylics.  I ordered binders and pigment dispersions and thickeners and other fun things from a wonderful company in New York, Guerra Paints and Pigments .   

Point is, it isn't finished.  I thought it was, but I decided to splurge and have a consultation with another artist / teacher whom I admire and respect.  It was well worth every dime.  I spend my time as a teacher, so I don't get to paint as much as I'd like and when I do, I find my fellow artists generally don't give me feedback unless asked.  ( I suppose that's actually a good and polite thing!)  So prior to taking time off from teaching for most of the month of May, I scheduled the consult and now have some ideas about what I wish to do next.  

However, the entire point of taking off was to complete the backlog of paintings I've begun and set aside in the last 7 years.  Yep!  SEVEN years.  So that's what I shall do first. 

As of this afternoon, I am officially on vacation, but not really. I'm on a Paint-cation.  and looking forward to every moment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment