Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Student Show - Painting Abbey

Abbey by Carolyn Kipps
Friday night my fabulous students will once again show off their talents and progress in acrylic painting. The opening at 6 p.m. Friday July 15 and most if not all of the 12 of us exhibiting will be in attendance.  Come say hello and check out what we've been up to lately.


Included in this exhibit is a show within a show.  I call it "Painting Abbey." One of my painting students is a renowned photographer, Lynda Richardson.  She snapped a photo of Abbey during a local agility class she was participating in with her own pup.  After seeing the image, we thought it would be fun for all of my students (who wished) to paint their own version of her.  The results are fantastic. ranging from simple color studies to some quite unusual and creative interpretations.  


I'll update with photos as soon as I get those taken.  Until then, here's a taste of two of the Abbeys.  
Abbey by Marcia Fowler


No comments:

Post a Comment