Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Challenged

Uh oh.  


Recently I decided to take an art class.  I figured I needed the commitment to make me paint more.  I sort of "checked out" for awhile and I'm slowly finding my way back and thought incentive would keep me steady.  Plus I love working with and around other artists (the ONLY time I don't mind working in groups) and one can never stop learning new and fun things to do with art stuff.  I learn much from my students and I love working with them, but it isn't the same as BEING a student with someone else as teacher. 
Alas, I could not find a class that called to me, or one that I could fit into my schedule.  


So I'm taking a writing class instead.  Hey, creativity is creativity, right?  And writing is a medium. ? yes?  Since I do have this public blog,  it certainly can't hurt.  


And now we're sharing one anothers' blog addresses.  no pressure.  um-hmmmm. 


Great thing about taking a class on a lark: I have nothing vested in it.  I have no particular goal, I'm not worried about "how to." I'm not writing with a purpose in mind. I basically show up and see what spews forth on paper.  It's quite freeing - with a Dear Diary sort of catharsis. 


So, for anyone who has been following you can expect to see a little more.  It may include topics other than art and my furkids.   We'll have to see.  


Welcome, my Tuesday night comrades. 

2 comments:

  1. I think the challenge is great. I agree creativity is creativity! I heard about this book, The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron, last month and it brought you to mind. No reason why, just for some reason it did. I haven't read it or done it myself, however, thought you might find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaclyn! I do have that book along with the companions, Walking in This World and Finding Water. Inspirational, although I've only used them in snippets. Good to hear from you :-)

    ReplyDelete