Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February is Here

I continue to slowly incorporate changes into my home studio habits.  It's staying tidy and when I do walk in to work there,  it's welcoming.  I am having issues with wanting to work - I'd rather do my own pieces than commissions, but commission work calls.  So I struggle as an artist with the need to be creative and the obligation to produce.  It can be overwhelming and sometimes lately I just turn around and don't do any work at all.  Counterproductive and something I'm working hard on dealing with.

In the meantime, Susan B. continues to come here once a week to put my files and records in order.  She has been a godsend.  For the many hours she has put in, I'd have taken twice as long.  We finally have most of my art images on the MAC and most of my client list moved as well.  And we're using the eArtist application to pull it all together.

So I'll upload "Sprite."  This is an acrylic on panel which I actually did last May, but am now donating to the Richmond SPCA for an auction. (if you are local - it's a good cause!)

The panel is wood (ash, I think) and 4 x 4 inches.  Tinier than I usually work, but seemed right for a tiny dog.

Just for fun. This is my porch.  Those are my cars under snow. 
I'm really not fond of snow or cold, BUT, I've been able to get more done while inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment